by Salma Sudarmadji, Staff Writer
Want to make an easy sweet treat that will definitely amaze your taste buds? Meet the chocolate peanut butter cup: the ultimate combination of sweet & creamy.
1. Peanut Butter
2. Any type of chocolate chips (milk chocolate
will make it taste like Reese’s!)
3. Two bowls
4. Cupcake liners
5. Cupcake pan (optional)
Note: The measurements depend on how thick you want the treat to be! This recipe makes 7 treats, each a little less than an inch thick.
1. Pour the whole bag (about 2 cups) of chocolate chips into the bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Stir and place it in the cupcake liners until it is about 1/6 full.
2. Place the cups in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes. Place the peanut butter into another bowl and stir until it has a nice consistency. Take the chocolate cups out and put a dollop of peanut butter into the middles of the chocolate.
3. Put the cups in the freezer for 5 minutes, so the peanut butter can stay in place. Next, completely cover the peanut butter with the melted chocolate.
4. Place the cups back into the freezer for about 30 minutes. Done!
Voila! A homemade chocolate peanut butter cup that (almost) everyone can enjoy!